A Message from Paul Wagner, President, Balzac Communications
Debra Sommerfield, President, Lake County Winegrape Commission
We’d like to ask a favor of you—in the hopes that you might be willing to help the people of Lake County whose homes and families were destroyed by the Valley Fire. Would you please check out this link and look at all the amazing culinary, wine and travel lots available at the #LakeCountyRising Valley Fire Relief Charity Auction at the Vintners Hall of Fame at the CIA Greystone Napa Valley this Sunday.
We thank you. More importantly, the more than five hundred families who lost their homes in the fire also thank you!
Here are more details:
Lake County, Calif. – Congressman Mike Thompson and grape-grower Andy Beckstoffer have agreed to assist legendary auctioneer Fritz Hatton as he manages the #LakeCountyRising charity wine auction to be held on March 20, 2016, in St. Helena at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone to support the long-term rebuilding efforts after the devastating Valley Fire in southern Lake County. “Think of us as the three auctioneers” says Hatton of the trio’s presentation of the collaborative fundraising effort of the Lake County Winegrape Commission, Lake County Winery Association and Lake County Wine Alliance.
Seating for the event is limited and advance registration is required. Tickets are $150 and may be still purchased online at www.lakecountyrising.org/charity-auction, but a few tickets are being reserved for sale at the door. “We promise not to turn any bidders away!” says Beckstoffer.
The auction has assembled a remarkable collection of lots and experiences, led by the Napa Valley Vintners, Lake County Winery Association and other wine region associations around the state.
- Winners of a Michelin 3-Star live auction lot will indulge in a dining experience for three couples at The Restaurant at Meadowood, Napa Valley. They will enjoy six sumptuous full tasting menus with wine pairings (inclusive of tax and service). Winners will also take home three bottles each of sought-after Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignons from the renowned wineries: 2011 Harlan Estate Red Wine, 2005 Heitz Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, and 2012 Scarecrow Wine Mt. Etain Red Blend.
- A personal barrel lot by Beckstoffer Vineyards will provide a half ton of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from the 2016 harvest of the Georges III Heritage Vineyard in Rutherford and includes the expertise of the winemaking team at Sinegal Estate who will custom crush, craft, barrel, age, bottle, and label the finished wine specifically for the successful bidder.
- A 2016 Polaris Ranger EV is being offered as the “green” live auction lot and comes fully loaded with 100 bottles of the finest Napa Valley wines. This environmentally-friendly electric off-road utility vehicle is known for its smooth ride and quiet operation. The wines are from Napa Green Certified vintners: Benessere, Charles Krug, Cliff Lede Vineyards, Clos Du Val, Davies Vineyards, Franciscan Estate, Frank Family Vineyards, Frog’s Leap, Gamble Family Vineyards, HALL, Heitz Wine Cellars, Jones Family Vineyards, Joseph Phelps Vineyards, Keenan Winery, Laura Michael Wines, Merryvale Vineyards, PEJU, Raymond Vineyards, Robert Mondavi Winery, Saintsbury, Salvestrin, Signorello Estate, St. Supéry Estate Vineyards & Winery, Starmont Winery & Vineyards, Swanson Vineyards, The Hess Collection Winery, Trefethen Family Vineyards, Truchard Vineyards, Vineyard 29 and ZD Wines.
- An ultimate San Francisco Giants game experience at AT&T Park has been created for another lucky live auction winner. With luxury transportation to the ball park, 12 guests will luxuriate in a private VIP Suite filled with gourmet food and Napa Valley wines, and will take home a signed baseball from Barry Bonds to remember the day.
- Another live auction lot includes four magnums of wine from several of Beckstoffer Vineyards’ Heritage Vineyards and the opportunity for two couples to join Andy and Betty Beckstoffer at PRESS Napa Valley in St. Helena for a curated dinner complemented by several To Kalon wines. Each couple also will receive a signed copy of sommelier Kelli White’s new book, Napa Valley Then & Now.
- A silent auction item from the “Heart of the Valley,” includes dinner for four at Mustard’s Grill in Yountville and a mixed case of Napa Valley wine including: two bottles Far Niente 2013 Chardonnay; two bottles Joseph Carr Wine 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon; two bottles Tom Scott Vineyards 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon; two bottles Grgich Hills Estate 2012 Chardonnay; two bottles The Prisoner 2014 Red Blend; one bottle Faust 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon; and one bottle Silver Trident 2012 Red Blend.
- The “Hillside Heaven” silent auction item features lunch for four at The Bistro & Bar at Aubérge du Soleil in Rutherford, and a mixed case of Napa Valley hillside wines including six bottles of 2013 Mount Veeder Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, and six bottles 2013 Viader Vineyards & Winery Tempranillo.
- “Northern Exposure” is a silent auction item of dinner for four at Sam’s Social Club in Calistoga and a mixed case of wine from the northern end Napa Valley, including: one bottle Arietta 2013 White Blend; one bottle Behrens Family Winery 2012 Homeland Cabernet Sauvignon; one bottle Behrens Family Winery 2011 The Collector Red Wine; one bottle Bridesmaid 2012 White Blend; one bottle Bridesmaid 2012 Red Blend; one bottle Clark-Claudon Vineyards 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon; one bottle Markham Vineyards 2013 Merlot; one bottle Saint Helena Winery 2008 Red Blend; two bottles Ballentine Vineyards 2012 Old Vine Zinfandel; and two bottles Castello di Amorosa 2012 Sangiovese.
- From the Napa Valley’s southern end comes a silent auction item named “Distinctly Southern” and includes dinner for four at Cole’s Chop House in downtown Napa and a mixed case of Napa Valley wine, including: five bottles Arrow & Branch 2013 Sauvignon Blanc; five bottles Jamieson Ranch Vineyards 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon; and two bottles Rocca Family Vineyards 2011 Red Blend.
- For the silent auction bidder who has an alternative mind-set, “Riveted by Reds,” includes a copy of the fine art photography book Perspectives Napa Valley, and a mixed case of Napa Valley alternative red varietals, including: two bottles Mira Winery 2011 Syrah; two bottles Castello di Amorosa 2012 Sangiovese; two bottles Viader Vineyards & Winery 2013 Tempranillo; two bottles Kenefick Ranch 2011 Cabernet Franc; one bottle Cornerstone Cellars 2012 Cabernet Franc; one bottle Madrigal Family Winery 2012 Petite Sirah; one bottle Humanitas Wines 2012 Cabernet Franc; and one bottle Joseph Carr Wine 2012 Merlot.
- A “Napa Valley Cabernet Fest” is a silent auction lot which includes a mixed case (one bottle each) of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: Chateau de Vie 2009 Calistoga; Cimarossa 2011 Howell Mountain; Corison Winery 2013 St. Helena; FARM Napa Valley 2013 Napa; Faust 2012 Rutherford; Reverie Vineyard & Winery 2010 Calistoga; Lamborn Family Vineyards 2011 Howell Mountain; O’Brien Estate 2012 Napa; Joseph Carr Wine 2012 Rutherford; Silver Stag Winery 2012 Napa; Tom Scott Vineyard 2012 Yountville; Rudd Oakville Estate 2011 Oakville; and a copy of the fine art photography book Perspectives Napa Valley.
Those who aren’t able to attend but want to help can click the “Get Tickets” button, and then choose “Donation” instead of the “Live Auction” ticket to make a donation in any amount. Donations are tax-deductible.
VALLEY FIRE RELIEF
CHARITY WINE AUCTION
Sunday, March 20, 2016
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Vintner’s Hall of Fame at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
2555 Main Street, St. Helena, California 94574
2555 Main Street, St. Helena, California 94574
About #LakeCountyRising and the Valley Fire Relief Charity Wine Auction
The Valley Fire Relief Charity Wine Auction is presented by #LakeCountyRising, a collaborative fundraising effort of the Lake County Winegrape Commission, Lake County Winery Association and Lake County Wine Alliance to support long-term rebuilding in response to the devastating Valley Fire.
#LakeCountyRising would like to extend a special thanks to the communities in Napa, Sonoma and beyond for their generous support; to Thomas Bensel and the staff and students at the Culinary Institute of America; to Paul Wagner and the team at Balzac Communications; to Fritz Hatton; and to Linda Reiff of the Napa Valley Vintners Association for her guidance from the start.
For information, visit http://lakecountyrising.org/charity-auction